|Schlage LiNK System|
I was recently introduced to Schlage and was thrilled to receive a couple of their Schlage LiNK System products to try.
The Schlage LiNK System is a wireless remote entry/home automation system allows homeowners to monitor and control door locks, lights, thermostats and security cameras via a Web-enabled cell phone or computer. You get 24/7 remote access to you home for small monthly fee.
|Schlage Wireless Keypad Deadbolt|
|Schlage Light Module|
|Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat|
Once everything was installed, it was time to place the battery in the ethernet bridge, this is what connects the Schlage products to the internet. Lastly I went online and setup the online account to enroll the lock, light module and the thermostat into the system.Setting up an account on the Schlage LiNK web user interface is very simple and easy to do. Then Lastly I downloaded the app for my iPhone and then everything was ready to be used !!
My first thought is .....how have I lived with out theses!! I have had them installed for over a month and they just make things EASY ! It is nice not worrying about my teenage son misplacing his house key (again). I LOVE that I get a text and email (see screen shoots below) when he used his code to get in the door, so I know he is home safe and sound, since he tends to always for get to call me.
I really like the idea that each family member has their own code, and that you can also set up a temporary code which allows maid service, or other service people such as cable man that may need access to your house. This feature came in handy for me the other day, my friend was meeting me at my home and I was running late, I was able to go on my phone and put in a single use code for her to get in so she did not have to wait outside for me. Once that code was used it does not work again.
The Light Module is great to use with the deadbolt, I really like that I can program it to turn my lamp on when a code is entered... It is so nice to to walk into a dark home anymore. I also have it programed to turn off at a certain time every night.
Lastly the thermostat took me a little while to figure out all the feature but it is really easy to use. My favorite feature is that I can schedule 4 temperature settings per day (see screen shot below), which is nice this time of year where we are have cool nights and warm days.
|Adjust from phone|
I also really like that if I am not home I can keep my house cooler and before I get home I can go on my phone and adjust the temperature to have the house comfy for when we get home. Also, I have it set to text and email me if the thermostat is adjust manually, which normally mean one of the kids has set it to be either a freezer or sauna in the house and I then know to adjust it.
The other Schlage LiNK product I would LOVE to add to my system is the Wireless Network Camera which allows you to view live video from anywhere with any Internet enabled computer and most Internet enabled cell phones
Wireless Keypad Deadbolt
- Schlage Wireless Keypad Lock can be added to a Z-Wave network within your home
- Installation and set up are simple. When paired with the Schlage Bridge, the wireless keypad lock is securely connected to the Internet. You’ll be up and running quickly!
- Web-based access means greater peace of mind, no matter where you travel
- Confirm the status of your Wireless Keypad Lock from anywhere with any Internet-enabled computer and most Internet-enabled cell phones
- Uses 128 bit AES encryption for security
- Remotely grant access to the home- Deadbolt requires manually turning the bolt to lock and unlock the door when activated remotely
- Assign up to 19 personalized 4 digit codes for each member of your household to use at the door
- Use a recurring code to let someone in every week, only during the time frame you specify, or set up a one-time code for anyone who needs a single period of access to your home
- Wireless Keypad Lock has up to 3 years of battery life
- Provides battery level status at the lock and via the web
- Easily program Schlage LiNK to send automatic text or email updates so you’ll always know who’s home
- Control table and floor lamps remotely through the Schlage LiNK web portal with this Z-Wave enabled Light Module
- With Schlage LiNK, have lights automatically turn on inside the house when you enter your code at the door
- Program your Schlage LiNK Solution to automatically turn lights on and off while you are away on vacation
- Expands the Schlage LiNK Z-Wave wireless network in your home by extending the system’s range
- The Light Module provides one Z-Wave controlled AC outlet and one standard AC outlet
- Turn lights off, on, and dim with the Schlage Light Module
- Schlage Light Module supports Z-Wave beaming protocol
- Compatible with standard incandescent lighting only
- Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat can be added to the Z-Wave network within your home
- Add the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat to your Schlage LiNK System to remotely monitor and control your thermostat from anywhere with any Internet enabled computer and most Internet enabled cell phones
- Actively manage the energy use within your home and reduce energy consumption up to 15% with the energy savings schedule
- When paired with the Schlage Wireless Bridge, utilize advanced thermostat features through the Schlage LiNK web portal
- Energy Star compliant
- Receive text message or email alerts when unwanted adjustments are made to the temperature settings in your home
- Remotely control your home’s heating and cooling through the Schlage LiNK web portal- 7 day programmable thermostat with up to 4 settings per day
- Remotely enable the energy savings mode for extra savings when on vacation or away from home
- When paired with the Schlage Wireless Bridge, set up is simple- you’ll be up and running quickly!
- HVAC System Type: Compatible with most brands of central heating, cooling and heat pump systems
- Power: 24Vac from HVAC System
- Graphical LCD Display
Find Schlage LiNK on: