More of us probably wipe off the grocery cart with disinfectant wipes than deal with what might be accumulating on our couch or mattress. According to a recent survey, less than half of adults have tried to kill germs on their furniture or mattresses. Oreck has just released another machine with UV-C Technology, the Oreck Halo Flash Vac. This differs from the original Oreck Halo Vacuum in that it is a hand held cleaning device.
My middle son has RAD ( Reactive airway disease) which is along the same lines as asthma. So I am always thrilled to learn about new products that are chemical free that will help keep a cleaner home for him.
The Oreck Halo Flash features a proprietary germ-killing ultraviolet light in a patented quartz light chamber that safely kills many of the germs, bacteria, mold and allergens on household surfaces – without using chemicals Primary uses include mattresses and upholstery. The Oreck Halo Flash can also be used on tabletops, countertops, changing tables, appliances, and virtually anything that has a flat surface.
When the Oreck Halo Flash arrived for us to review it was very easy to put together and I was pleasantly surprised on how light it was. It is very simple to use, you turn on the canister and then squeeze and hold the UV-C activation switch. After a short delay, the oval light around the logo will illuminate, which means the UV-C light is on. I went room to room cleaning the mattresses, dressers, rugs etc..... After I hit all the bedroom it was on to the living room where I made sure to get my couch really good. I LOVED how quick and easy it was to use on everything!
(Do not expose skin or eyes to the UV-C light through transparent or translucent materials
including but not limited to clothing, glass, mesh, screen, plastic or plexiglass.)
1. The Oreck Halo Flash has built-in safety features to ensure that it will not cause
harm to people or pets if used as directed:
• A trigger on the handle must be depressed for the UV-C light to activate.
• All four safely sensors must remain flat on the surface. If one of the safety sensors
loses contact with the surface, the UV-C light automatically turns off.
2. The germ-killing technology in the Oreck Halo family of products has been tested and
found to be safe on approximately 50 carpet, flooring and other natural and synthetic textile surfaces when used as recommended. Oreck suggests that you not keep the vacuum stationary in one spot for a long time with the light engaged. When used properly, as outlined in the Owner's Safety and Operation Manual, the Oreck Halo Flash will not damage mattresses, upholstery or other surfaces.
3. If the Oreck Halo Flash is used without continuous motion for an extended period of time, the heat protection system will shut off the UV-C bulb to avoid overheating and causing permanent damage to the bulb and its housing. If this happens, the unit must remain unplugged for thirty minutes for the UV-C bulb to cool and the system to reset.
BUY: The NEW Oreck Halo Flash Vac visit HERE
Included: UV-C Flash attachment, dusting brush, telescoping wand, 2-in-1 crevice & upholstery tool, accessories caddy, and shoulder strap.