My son recently received the Leapster Explorer from LeapFrog to see what he thought. We have owned many Leapster devices in the past that we were pleased with so I could not wait to see how this one would compare. It was no surprise that the Explorer did not disappoint, as a matter of fact it exceeded my expectations!!!
Kids can keep busy playing and learning by playing cartridge games and by downloading "apps" into it. Right now my sons favorite cartridge game is Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg, this games allows kids to practice drawing lines shapes, printing letters, creating art and animations. He also really likes the "app" Harmonies which allows him to conduct four singers while learning about harmonies and musical parts. For even more fun you can also download e-books from the Tag library.
I really like the size of this gaming system, besides being great for home play it is also convenient to take on the go. It would be great to kept kids entertained on long car rides this summer!
The graphics are very good on the Leapster Explorer. It uses Flash for great visual performance and a Linux-based operating system. The screen is large , bright , full-color and touch sensitive . It has internal memory of 512 MB and a download capacity of 250 - 300 MB. It has plenty of storage for gaming FUN!
The Leapster Explorer will be ready for pre-order on June 7th, 2010. It will be on shelves July 15th. It will be available in pink or green for $69.99. Cartridges will be around $24.99. A pack of two Leapster Explorer Leaplet Learning App Download Cards is $14.99.
Coming soon will be a Leapster Explorer Camera which will snap into a peripheral slot. It will be available around October 2010, giving kids the ability to take and customize videos and photos. It will retail for $24.99.
June 26, 2010 7:53 PM
mrsmchappell at gmail dot com
- Visit the website and check out the Leapster Explorer and tell us what game/app/video/etc you would like for it!
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry.
- Follow Us on Twitter & Tweet about the contest.
- Add Life In A House Of Blue Button to your blog (See sidebar)
- Add Life In A House Of Blue to your Blogroll
- Follow My Blog- Google Friend Connect (See Footer)
- Subscribe to Life In A House Of Blue via e-mail. (See sidebar)
- "LIKE" Life In A House Of Blue on Facebook (See Footer)
- Tweet about the contest (be sure to leave the tweet link)
- Leave a comment on another post besides this one ( leave link to comment )