Horizon Organic Milk has recently sent me a few coupons to try their Lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3, which is an important nutrient that helps support heart, brain and eye health . And of course the calcium in milk is important for growing bones!
The Importance of DHA
DHA belongs to a category of healthy fatty acids known as Omega-3’s. Found in high concentrations in the tissues of the brain and eye, DHA Omega-3 is thought to help support healthy function in these areas. DHA has also been shown to help support heart health. DHA provides a nutritional boost for children’s growing minds and bodies, as their brain nearly quadruples during those first five years of life. And even though DHA is a key structural component of the brain, many young children don’t get their recommended daily amount of DHA as it is found in a limited number of food sources.
Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3 is fortified with a natural, 100 percent vegetarian and sustainable source of DHA – a safe, wholesome, delicious way to bring more of this important nutrient into your family’s diet. And even though chocolate milk sounds like an indulgent treat, it actually provides the same nine essential nutrients as unflavored milk (calcium, potassium, phosphorous, protein, vitamins A, D, B12, Riboflavin and niacin), and can help kids meet their calcium requirements. In fact, it turns out flavored milk consumers do not have higher total fat or calorie intakes than non milk consumers! Plus, most kids love the taste of flavored milk.
You can see all the nutritional date here: Organic Horizon Chocolate Milk Ingredients
( 2 for a free half gallon & 2 for $1 off a half gallon)
March 3, 2010 2:48 PM
firstname.lastname@example.org I learned that they sell a variety of products, one of which I want to try for my baking. The Heavy Whipping Cream. I have not seen it in my store yet, hope it comes, I need good quality cream for cheesecakes.
Jennifer H said...
March 8, 2010 5:05 PM
new comment here: http://www.lifeinahouseofblue.com/2010/03/9-by-design.html?showComment=1268089476709
- Check out http://www.horizondairy.com/. Tell me something you learned at their site.
To receive these extra entries, you must do the MANDATORY entry.
- Follow Us on Twitter & Tweet about the contest.
- Add Life In A House Of Blue Button to your blog (See sidebar)
- Add Life In A House Of Blue to your Blogroll
- Follow My Blog- Google Friend Connect (See Footer)
- Subscribe to Life In A House Of Blue via e-mail. (See sidebar)
- Become a fan of Life In A House Of Blue on Facebook (See Footer)
- Tweet about the contest (be sure to leave the tweet link)
- Leave a comment on another post besides this one ( leave link to comment )